Audio jack – definition
- a standard plug for standard headphones that may be plugged into computers, music players, and the majority of other electronic devices that have audio outputs.
- Depending on the quantity of unique connection rings on the jack, it can enable stereo and/or a microphone.
- Other phones only have a 2.5 mm jack, which is a more compact variation of the same idea.
- Typically, the headphones that come with mobile phones contain a microphone along the cord and a remote button that enables call management without using the phone.
- Instead of including one on the phone itself, some manufacturers prefer to include one on the remote control. This is because 3.5mm jacks take up a lot of internal space, and it also allows the user to continue utilising third-party headphones with the remote control and microphone.