Nowadays, having an FM radio tuner built-in is regarded as a standard feature. The majority of FM radio stations that are aired live may be listened to with this device. A wired headset must be connected to almost all phones with FM radio tuners since the device doubles as an antenna.
The majority of FM radio tuners can get basic station information through RDS. FM radio is free and has no adverse effects on the network carrier.
Nokia includes the Visual Radio feature to its FM radio interfaces, which adds images and text as an extra layer of information to regular radio broadcasts.
The inclusion of Visual Radio has no impact on the FM transmission chain; instead, a presentation of visuals and text that is synced to the audio programming is downloaded to the phone through a data connection.
THE KIND OF CONTENT THAT VISUAL RADIO MAY PROVIDE IS AS FOLLOWS:
- Details about the song and artist that is presently playing on the radio. See pictures of the newsreaders or presenters.
- During the weather programme, a weather map
- When songs are playing, news, weather, and traffic updates will play.
- Watch a chat programme to hear what has been said thus far.
- Participate in audience voting like Big Brother
- compete in television contests
- The Visible Radio improvement can’t be used over Wi-Fi; it can only be used with a cellular data connection.